The Nurse Practitioner independently assesses acute and non-acute clinical problems, performs and documents physical assessments and patient histories, analyzes trends in patient conditions, and develops, documents, and implements a patient management plan in response to the data obtained. This also includes facilitating and collaborating with clinical staff for the development of the plan of care as well as providing appropriate patient/ family/significant other counseling and education.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans patient care based on in-depth knowledge of the specific patient population and/ or protocol, anticipating and identifying physiological and/ or psychological problems commonly encountered including the consideration of the patient’s cultural background, level of understanding, personality, and support systems.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Patient management, including the following:
- Writing admission, transfer, and discharge orders.
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Ordering appropriate medication and treatments.
- Referring patients for consultation when indicated i.e. neurology, ophthalmology, endocrine, surgery, intensive care, infectious disease, hematology, psychiatry, social service, dietary, etc.
- Documenting cases through in-depth progress notes and summaries.
- May perform invasive procedures independently, upon the completion of documented competency.
- Performs contraceptive education, pregnancy planning counseling, and STD testing and treatment.
- Participates in patient care rounds and conferences.
- Communicates patient management strategies to Clinic Practice Manager and Miriam Clinic medical staff.
- Collaborates with members of the Bebashi staff when appropriate, while ensuring HIPPA compliance, to develop patient management strategies that are successful in meeting patient care needs.
- Recognizes situations that require the immediate attention of a physician, and initiate life-saving procedures when necessary.
- Uses advanced communication skills to problem solve complex situations and to improve processes and service to patients.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to analyze and evaluate current systems of health care delivery to identify and implement new practice patterns as appropriate.
- Participates in outside activities that enhance personal and professional growth and development.
- Facilitates patient/family conferences to review treatment goals, optimize resource utilization, provide family education and identify post-SNF needs.
- Enhances a collaborative relationship to maximize the patient’s/family’s ability to make informed decisions related to goals of care, palliative care and hospice.
- Prescribes medication to patients based on State of practice.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at the Practice Manager’s discretion.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated record of consistently achieving clinical performance metrics in current role
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be caring and empathetic and have great listening skills
- Must be detail-oriented, and able to pay close attention to patient charts, medications, and follow-up on details of patient care
- Basic computer skills and some knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Current RN licensure and PA Nurse Practitioner Certification (CRNP) required
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of clinical experience preferred, HIV Healthcare preferred.
From $90,000.00 per year
Bebashi is an essential health agency permitted to remain open during this public health crisis. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Bebashi is implementing a Vaccine Mandate in accord with the October 15, 2021 Philadelphia Covid Vaccination Mandates. All employees and trainees are required to be fully COVID19 vaccinated as determined by Human Resources unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
Bebashi is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to inclusion, equity and diversity.
Please send your resume and a cover letter with your salary requirements to: Rosenna Harrell, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bilingual (Spanish-English) are encouraged to apply. No recruiters please.