The position will support the delivery of medical services through our Title X program.
Under the direction of the Clinic Practice Manager, this position collaborates with other staff, clinicians, and stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of the desired patient outcomes. This position is also responsible for the coverage of the front desk area, which includes patient check-in and the collection of fees.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform general patient care by following established procedures.
- Greets and prepares patients for health care providers. Schedule patient follow up appointments and collect data.
- Obtains and records vital signs including but not limited to blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problems.
- Draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- May administer ordered medications and /or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmologically, and /or inhalant and administration.
- May perform a routine test including but not limited to EKGs.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow-up to ensure completion of testing.
- May communicate with patients regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by Clinic Program Manager or Nurse Practitioner.
- Prepare, clean, and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean, and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests, and examination results in the medical record as directed by the Clinic Practice Manager or Nurse Practitioner.
- Escalates non-routine issues questions and/or concerns to the Clinic Practice Manager or Nurse Practitioner.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of three years of experience supporting a medical practice and high school diploma or equivalency required.
- Formal training in medical assisting as derived through a technical school or associate degree preferred.
- Certification in Medical Assistance a plus.
- BLS Certification (Required)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
$35,000.00 – $36,000.00 per year.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Nafisah Houston, Director of Programs.
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.