Bebashi-Transition to Hope is a multi-purpose health and social services agency. We provide culturally sensitive health-related information, direct services, education, research, and technical assistance to reduce and eliminate HIV/AIDS as well as other health disparities, such as breast cancer and hunger, within the urban community of Philadelphia and vicinity.
The Staff Accountant is a critical role in the Fiscal Department. He/she performs accounting functions that include processing payroll, medical billings, accounts receivable, accounts payable, grant invoicing, account analysis, various financial reports and a range of additional financial matters in support of the fiscal Department. Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Director of Finance or Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Associates Degree will be considered.
• Minimum of two (2) years of accounting experience preferred.
• Knowledge in general accounting principles required.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and QuickBooks software preferred
• Knowledge of medical coding and third party operating practices and procedures a plus.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work autonomously, yet relate to supervision.
Job Type: Full-time