Summary: The Prevention Specialist is responsible for providing HIV, Hepatitis C, and STI screening tests and linkage to treatment; collaborates with Bebashi clinic staff for the provision of outreach and referrals; provides administrative support for the clinic front desk as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct HIV, Hepatitis C, STI testing and link to appropriate medical care. Ensure client follow up with medical care if needed.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality and ensure that all client information is handled in accordance with HIPPA Guidelines.
- Specimen collection and coordination of sending specimen to lab. Work with clinic medical assistant to ensure appropriate client scheduling and treatment.
- Collaborates and supports Education Navigator to conduct community outreach and the development and/or maintenance of contacts with community organizations to ensure appropriate referrals to Bebashi and the Clinic.
- Responsible for the completion of title X intake forms and ensure info is entered into EMR.
- Inform client of their HIV/Hepatitis C and/or STI infection status upon completion of test(s).
- Responsible for acquiring STI test results from City and ensure client treatment and care.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Practitioner, may refer HIV positive clients for medical case management services.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Practitioner, may refer clients to resources that will provide psychosocial support and facilitate desired behavior change.
- In consultation with the Nurse Practitioner and/or Clinic Practice Manager, may support the Education Navigator by conducting risk reduction education and training to target population including, but not limited to, condom use, HIV 101, STI’s, PREP and the relationship between HIV and IV drug use. Conduct community outreach to recruit target populations.
- Submit weekly/monthly statistical reports as required.
- Follow the assigned weekly activity schedule.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to accommodate or support other Clinic Staff and availability to work evening and weekend assignments when necessary.
- Participate in agency’s fundraising activities and other agency events.
- Attend on-going training for continuous job knowledge.
- Provides administrative front desk support for Clinic or main office as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, community health advocacy, social work or other related field is preferred.
- One to three years of prior experience in HIV prevention; risk reduction or social services is required.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS and STI education preferred.
- Pennsylvania Certified to test for HIV required.
- Good oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Must be willing to travel to economically depressed areas of the city and work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary staff within a team atmosphere.
Clinic Practice Manager
Fax, 215-769-3860 or email your resume and cover letter to Maceo Hood, Human Resources Manager at Bebashi – Transition to Hope.
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.