- Screen high-risk persons testing HIV negative for eligibility to participate in Navigation Services.
- Test for HIV, STIs, and pregnancy while conducting short-term pre- and post-counseling sessions.
- Prepare clients for and provide them with knowledge of their HIV infection status.
- Conduct intake, including assessing readiness to engage in Navigation services.
- Negotiate a relevant risk reduction plan and obtain a commitment from the client to reduce their HIV risk.
- Screen for behavioral health and social services needs
- Screen for PrEP and nPEP and STI testing.
- Provide treatment adherence counseling to clients prescribed PrEP, nPEP, and remain abreast of national guidelines and local resources.
- Refer clients to facilities that will provide psychosocial support and facilitate desired behavioral change.
- Educate and build relationships with other providers of service.
- Submit weekly/monthly statistical reports and enter Practice Fusion data as required
- Maintain a flexible schedule.
- Maintain a caseload of up to thirty clients.
- Determine clients’ requirements by completing intake interviews; determining the need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations; reviewing therapist evaluations, treatment objectives, and plans.
- Participate in all training requirements.
- Conduct sexual health presentations and workshops specifically around HIV/STI prevention
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma + two years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services preferred.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS Education required.
- Experience working with sexual minorities preferred, especially African American and Latino MSM.
- Certified in HIV/AIDS Prevention Counseling and Testing preferred.
- Good oral/written communication and organizational skills are preferred.
- Must be willing to travel to impoverished areas of the city.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary staff.
- Availability to work evening and weekend assignments when necessary.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
Supervisor of Prevention and Education.
$35,000.00 – $37,000.00 per year.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Nafisah Houston, Director of Programs.
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.