Medical Assistant (Full-Time)
Summary: Responsible for the delivery of integrative patient care that promotes the safety and well being of all patients through the process of assessments, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Under the direction of the Clinic Practice Manager, this position collaborates with other staff, clinicians, and stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. This position is also responsible for the coverage of the front desk area which includes patient check-in and the collection of fees.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general patient care by following established procedures.
- Greets and prepares patients for health care providers.
- Obtains and records vital signs including but not limited to blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problems.
- Draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- May administer ordered medications and /or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, optomolically, and /or inhalant and administration.
- May perform routine test including but not limited to EKG’s.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up to ensure completion of testing.
- May communicate with patients regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by Clinic Program Manager or Nurse Practitioner.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean, and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests, and examination results in the medical record as directed by the Clinic Practice Manager or Nurse Practitioner.
- Escalates non-routine issues questions and/or concerns to the Clinic Practice Manager or Nurse Practitioner.
- Ensures safety checklist or quality controls are completed as required.
- Ensures patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Clinic Practice Manager or as requested by Nurse Practitioner, or other providers.
- Minimum of three years of experience supporting a medical practice and high school diploma or equivalency required.
- Formal training in medical assisting as derived through technical school or associate’s degree program preferred.
- Certification in Medical Assisting a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Fax, 215-769-3860 or email your resume and cover letter to Maceo Hood, Human Resources Manager at Bebashi – Transition to Hope.
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.