Summary: Bebashi –Transition to Hope is seeking a Coordinator for its Food Pantry. Bebashi—Transition to Hope is a multi-purpose health and social services agency with a special interest in serving economically disadvantaged individuals and families in Philadelphia’s urban communities. We provide culturally sensitive health related information, direct services, education, research, and technical assistance to reduce and eliminate HIV/AIDS as well as other health disparities such as breast cancer and hunger.
This is a rewarding career opportunity for an energetic non-profit professional!
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Food Pantry Coordinator oversees the day-to-day operations of the food pantry including but not limited to:
• Purchasing and restocking of food pantry items,
• Purchasing and monitoring all equipment
• Coordinating food delivery schedule and food pick-up
• Maintaining food pantry inventory by placing orders with vendors as well as purchasing food and non-food items from local stores.
• Training and providing daily supervision of food pantry volunteers
• Updating and modifying food pantry menu as needed.
• Packing food pantry orders and stocking shelves as needed.
• Implementing food pantry policies and procedures.
• Assuring that units of service are recorded in client database.
• Maintaining monthly statistics and reports as required.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in health and/or or equivalent.
• Three years of non-profit work experience is required
• Experience working in non-profit food delivery programs is preferred
• Experience supervising and working with volunteers
• Knowledge of HIV disease and experience working with HIV infected individuals preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to plan and organize multiple tasks as well as good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and database software.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
Fax or e-mail your resume and cover letter to: Maceo Hood, Human Resources Manager at BEBASHI –Transition to Hope 215 769-3860 (fax)
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.