The Executive Assistant (EA) completes a broad variety of high-level administrative tasks in support of the Executive Director (ED) and the Board of Directors. As necessary, the EA may provide additional support for the Director of Programs and Administration as well as other directors on the leadership team around key initiatives. Areas of support include preparing for Board and committee meetings, policies and procedures and strategic planning. Also responsible for duties outlined below as well as other duties as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains ED’s calendar and manages her schedule, including scheduling appointments, prioritizing. Supports ED’s work with the Board of Directors, including scheduling board and committee meetings, assisting with materials preparation, attending and taking notes at meetings and preparing minutes; coordinating meetings, and making travel arrangements; prepares ED or designee for meetings, ensuring he/she has all needed materials and information.
- Works closely and efficiently with the ED to keep well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up as appropriate.
- Organizes and maintains ED’s paper and electronic files.
- Assists ED with her communications, including opening, reviewing and prioritizing mail, making and returning telephone calls on her behalf, and drafting, for her approval, correspondence to organizational partners and other stakeholders.
- Maintains and keeps current key organizational materials, including board lists and manuals.
- Attends, organizes, and takes the minutes for weekly Leadership team meetings.
- Prepares and develops records management system; or maintains and recommends changes to records management system when appropriate.
- Handles space reservation for logistics and set up for meetings.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, within prescribed timeline.
- Provides administrative support to Board President as needed.
Committee and Board Activities
- Supports ED’s work with the Board of Directors, including scheduling board and committee meetings, assisting with materials preparation, attending and taking notes at meetings and preparing minutes.
- Ensures meeting announcements are distributed, in advance, to board and committees.
- Distributes meeting minutes and materials for board and committee meetings.
- Makes calls and tracks board meeting attendance.
- Assists with board meeting logistics and room set up.
- Assists with other committee activities as requested.
Strategic Planning Activities
- Provides administrative support for strategic planning meetings
including note taking, dissemination of minutes, room logistics, ordering food, and other tasks associated with the meeting.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, communications, English, marketing, or other related fields preferred. Associates degree in the aforementioned degree disciplines with strong work tenure required.
- Strong work tenure: minimum of 4 years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting senior management; Associates degree candidates should have a minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with an ability to become familiar with company specific programs and software.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with superior multi- tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
Bebashi is an essential health agency permitted to remain open during this public health crisis. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Bebashi is implementing a Vaccine Mandate in accord with the October 15, 2021 Philadelphia Covid Vaccination Mandates. All employees and trainees are required to be fully COVID19 vaccinated as determined by Human Resources unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
Bebashi is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to inclusion, equity and diversity.
Please send your resume and a cover letter with your salary requirements to: Michael Harris, Human Resources Director, Michaelh@bebashi.org. Bilingual (Spanish-English) are encouraged to apply. No recruiters please.