Executive Assistant to Executive Director
Completes a broad variety of high leveladministrative task in support of the Executive Director (ED) and the Board of Directors. As necessary, may provide additional support for the Director of Programs and Administration as well as other directors on the leadership team around key initiatives. Areas of support include preparing for Board and committee meetings, policies and procedures and strategic planning. Also responsible for duties outlined below as well as other duties as assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership Assistance
- Maintains ED’s calendar and manages his/her schedule, including scheduling appointments, prioritizing. Supports Executive Director’s work with the Board of Directors, including scheduling Board and Committee meetings, assisting with materials preparation, attending and taking notes at meetings and preparing minutes; coordinating meetings, and making travel arrangements; prepares ED or designee for meetings, ensuring he/she has all needed materials and information.
- Works closely and efficiently with the ED to keep well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up as appropriate.
- Organizes and maintains ED’s paper and electronic files.
- Assists Executive Director with his communications, including opening, reviewing and prioritizing mail, making and returning telephone calls on his behalf, and drafting, for his approval, correspondence to organizational partners and other stakeholders .
- Maintains and keeps current key organizational materials, including Board lists and manuals.
- Attends, organizes, and takes the minuets for weekly Leadership team meetings.
- Prepares and develop records management system; or maintain and recommend changes to records management system when appropriate.
- Handles space reservation for logistics and set up for meetings.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, within prescribed timeline.
- Provide administrative support to Board President as needed
- Committee & Board Activity
- Supports ED’s work with the Board of Directors, including scheduling Board and Committee meetings, assisting with materials preparation, attending and taking notes at meetings and preparing minutes;
- Ensure meeting announcements are distributed in advance to board and committees.
- Distribute meeting minutes and materials for board and committee meetings.
- Make calls and track board meeting attendance.
- Assist with Board meeting logistics and room set up.
- Assist with other committee activities as requested.
- Strategic Planning Activity
- Provide administrative support for strategic planning meetings
including note taking, dissemination of minutes, room logistics, ordering food, etc..
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, communications, English, marketing, or other related fields preferred. Associates degree in the aforementioned degree disciplines with strong work tenure required.
- Strong work tenure: minimum of 4 years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting senior management; Associates degree candidates should have a minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with an ability to become familiar with company specific programs and software.
Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with superior multi- tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion for the Bebashi mission and working in non-
Benefits Offered: Our portfolio of benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance; life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
Fax or e-mail your resume and cover letter indicating your salary requirements to: Maceo Hood, Human Resources Manager ,BEBASHI –Transition to Hope 215 769-3860; email@example.com
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.