Education Navigator (Full-Time)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Designs, coordinates and facilitates in-school sexual health workshops (STI/HIV, and pregnancy prevention) for adolescents and teens as well as breast health workshops focusing on providing preventive care and screening for women of color age 35 or better.
- Ensures seamless coordination between all Bebashi staff, referrals, and external stakeholders.
- Host at least two sexual health workshops per week in schools within the 19124 and 19139 zip codes as well as other high poverty schools and neighborhoods
- Monitor and follow-up with clients to ensure that students, their families, and women are linked to appropriate providers in their community for medical care. If necessary, accompany the client to appointments and treatment.
- Develop and maintain contracts with community agencies, and schools to ensure appropriate referral resources and partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field required
- Experience working with persons living with HIV/AIDS and sexual minorities preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate with sensitivity, and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of breast health wellness and issues for women of color
- Knowledge of sexual health issues and its impact on youth.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary staff within a team atmosphere.
- Available to work evening and weekend assignments when necessary.
- Willingness to travel throughout the city, including impoverished areas.
Fax, 215-769-3860 or email your resume and cover letter to Maceo Hood, Human Resources Manager at Bebashi – Transition to Hope.
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.