Director of Finance
Bebashi -Transition to Hope is a multi-purpose health and social services agency. We provide culturally sensitive health-related information, direct services, education, research, and technical assistance to reduce and eliminate HIV/AIDS as well as other health disparities, such as breast cancer and hunger, within the urban community of Philadelphia and vicinity.
The Director of Finance will be accountable for the fiscal planning and operations which includes accounting, budgeting, medical billing, business planning and administration.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create annual organizational budget in consultation with management.
- Report organization finances to Executive Director, Finance Committee and Board of Directors. Provide recommendations about resource utilization, fiscal operations and performance through policy, guidance and direct support.
- Supervise general accounting function and personnel, which includes accounts receivables, accounts payables, third party billing, and payroll.
- Responsible for short-term and long – term fiscal solvency of the agency through accurate forecasting and cash flow management; maximizing income where possible.
- Ensure documented practices and policies are implemented to ensure compliance in the following areas:
- Tax and government regulations at the federal, state and local level
- Fulfill requirements of private grants that may include monitoring contractual terms, generating reports, and responding to inquiries and audits
- Adherence to statutory requirements of withholding payments of taxes, charitable status, etc.
- Ensure agency fiscal records are current and organized in accordance with legal and agency policies and procedures
- Stay current on all financial management and accounting trends, laws, regulations and procedures to ensure changes are reflected in the organization’s Fiscal Policy and Procedures Manual
- Oversight of organizational audits through the efficient management of the process with the independent auditor, with focus on minimizing exceptions and the correction of audit findings.
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- Manage relationship with the agency’s bank, which includes lines of credit, and other financial commitments.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- CPA or MBA with a degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- Ten years of accounting and supervisory experience
- Team player with ability to navigate and work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Familiar with not-for-profit environment and the associated federal guidelines on budgeting and finance.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Tyanie Wilson, Office Manager.
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.