Director of Development
Summary of Duties:
- Assist Executive Director in setting annual fundraising and marketing goals.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Supervise the Development Assistant and interns.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of regular donor mail solicitation campaigns
- Create and execute a strategy for increasing a sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee development and implementation of fundraising events
- Assist with Board development and management particularly in the area of fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or nonprofit management from an accredited 4-year institution, Master’s degree preferred.
- Certificate in fundraising management preferred
- Five years Development experience.
- Demonstrated success in individual and corporate giving
- Knowledge of fundraising management Experience with fundraising software.
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial reporting Knowledge of special events planning and management
- Experience in recruiting, managing, motivating and engaging board members in fundraising and special events.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of potential public/private funding sources.
- Knowledge of and experienced in most general computer office operating systems including, but not limited to, Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and/or Lotus.
- Demonstrated empathy for low-income people.
- Ability to work independently
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Pay: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year. Commensurate with experience
Benefits Offered : Our portfolio of benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance; life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
Bhttps://bebashi.janehires.com:443/Jobs/5SseZn2tK0Gc0DbEo2jywgebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.