Summary: Rewarding career opportunity for a dynamic, creative communications professional. Bebashi –Transition to Hope, a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the social determinants affecting the health of economically disenfranchised individuals and families in the Philadelphia Metropolitan area is seeking a Communications Specialist to oversee the agency’s communications and public relations responsibilities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Website maintenance and content development.
- Maintenance of development and organizational calendar with publicized events.
- Attendance at off-site events and representing the organization as needed.
- Securing guaranteed spots in broadcast and print media for press releases, announcements and appearances as needed.
- Providing support to executives and staff appearing on any media.
- Drafting advertorial articles to be used in printed media.
- Recommending strategic redirection of failed marketing and promotional campaigns based on the public image perceptions.
- Participating actively in any agency public image positioning initiatives such as crafting new logos, taglines, brand naming, etc.
- Supervising the conduct of corporate events with high media visibility.
- Preparing invitation list for media for any agency event.
- Developing strategy for and implementation of agency’s social media presence.
- Managing Bebashi email marketing system including production of monthly newsletter.
- Managing Bebashi’s social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts.
- Working with vendors, including website developers, graphic designers and print companies.
- Supporting Bebashi’s basic media relations, including writing press releases and statements, maintaining media lists, and collecting media mentions.
- Editing communications materials written by Bebashi staff and ensuring all communications adhere to the organization’s style guide.
- Assisting the Director of Development in other related tasks.
- A BS/BA college degree in Mass Communication, Sociology, Industrial Psychology, Advertising or related courses is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in advertising, promotions or public relations work in any industry is also preferred.
- Must have the sensitivity and analytical skills to gauge public perception about the organization based on media, survey polls and online opinion.
- Must have excellent tact and diplomacy in dealing with the press and the media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Fax or e-mail your resume and cover letter to: Maceo Hood, Human Resources Manager at Bebashi –Transition to Hope 215 769-3860 (fax)
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.