Assistant Prevention Navigator
Bebashi –Transition to Hope, a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the social determinants affecting the health of economically disenfranchised individuals and families in the Philadelphia Metropolitan area is seeking a full-time Assistant Navigator Case Manager to provide short-term assistance to HIV negative consumers.
Major Responsibilities include :
- Ensure ongoing testing to determine clients’ sero-postivity rates.
- Facilitate weekly support group for homeless LGBT clients.
- Coordinate Trans Necessities Closet (a service which offers items such as clothing, wigs, prosthetics as well as health information referrals and resources for trans-affirming care).
- Follow up on referrals noted on the Service Care Plan.
- Assist the Prevention Navigator to assess clients’ linkages to healthcare, behavioral health and social services.
- Submit weekly/monthly statistical reports and enter CareWare data as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field required
- Experience working with persons living with HIV/AIDS and sexual minorities preferred
- Demonstrates ability to communicate with sensitivity, and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Available to work evening and weekend assignments when necessary.
- Willingness to travel throughout the city, including impoverished areas.
Sexual Minorities and Recent Graduatesare highly encouraged to apply. Please forward your cover letter to our Human Resources Manager, Maceo Hood at email@example.com or fax: (215) 769-3860.
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered.