Administrative Assistant (Full-Time)
Summary: Provides administrative support for the Director of Programs and Administration
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and schedules office activities, including meetings, travel, and conferences as well as program activities for Program Supervisors
- Screens, answers, and transfers inbound phone calls on behalf of Director of Programs and Administration as well as Program Supervisors as needed.
- Organizes, arranges, and prioritizes information, phone calls, and mail.
- Types and designs correspondence, memos, and visual presentations.
- Provides data entry and retrieval of reports in support of programs and administration.
- Organizes and maintains both electronic and hardcopy files on behalf of the Director of Programs and Administration.
- May handle confidential non-routine information on behalf of Director of Programs and Administration.
- Proofreads copy for spelling and grammar, then makes appropriate changes.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, within prescribed timeline.
- May act as a project coordinator for special projects and events as requested by Director of Programs and Administration and Program Supervisor.
- Collaborates with other support staff in providing agency wide phone coverage as well as front desk coverage.
- May serves as coordinator between the Programs, Administration, and outside agencies.
- May work independently or in conjunction with a team on special nonrecurring or on-going projects.
- Associates degree in human services, communications, business administration, or other related field preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Minimum of three (3 years of administrative support experience required (preferably in a non-profit organization).
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with an ability to become familiar with company specific programs and software.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with superior multi- tasking abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion for the Bebashi mission and working in nonprofit.
Fax, 215-769-3860 or email your resume and cover letter to Maceo Hood, Human Resources Manager at Bebashi – Transition to Hope.
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.