Summary: Performs accounting functions which include medical billings, cash receipts, accounts payable and a range of additional financial matters in support of the fiscal Department. Perform additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Director of Finance or Executive Office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Medical Billing (15-20 hours weekly)
- Monthly bill third party insurance company (s) electronically utilizing Care Ware and other third – party billing software or paper if necessary.
- Ensure all insurance claims are submitted with a goal ofzero errors.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission.
- Accurately post all insurance payments by line item.
- Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions.
- Meet deadlines for monthly reporting.
- Read and interpret insurance explanation of benefits.
- Utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims.
- Make necessary arrangements for medical records request, completion of additional information requests, etc., as requested by insurance companies.
10.Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers.
11.Regularly communicate with insurance company’s Account Manager to discuss and resolve reimbursement issues or billing obstacles.
Cash Receipts and Accounts Payable
- Verification and completion of expense vouchers and invoices.
- Sorting, coding and enter accounts payable data via QuickBooks.
- Analyzing discrepancies and unpaid invoices.
- Obtain and maintain W-9 forms.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Bank Deposits (2-3 times per week).
- Enter cash receipts via QuickBooks.
- Create appropriate detailed general ledger entries for CR and AP.
- Coordinate the delivery of invoices to the appropriate funding sources.
- Assist fiscal department with agency’s audits.
- Provides support with front desk receptionist as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of medical billing, cash receipts and/or accounts payable experience preferred.
- Proficiency in accounting principles required.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and QuickBooks software preferred
- Knowledge of medical coding and third party operating practices and procedures a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, yet relate to supervision.
REPORT TO: Director of Finance
Fax or e-mail your resume and cover letter to: Maceo Hood, Human Resources Manager at BEBASHI –Transition to Hope 215 769-3860 (fax)
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.